Covered California, the State health care marketplace put into place as a result of the federal Affordable Care Act, now offers health plans to all Californians.
- Pinnacle accepts the Blue Cross PPO plans and the HealthNet HMO plans offered through Covered California
- Open Enrollment in November 15 – January 31 (subject to change). If you do not enroll during this period, you will not be assured a health plan will cover you.
- There is a tax penalty for not having insurance. If you do not have health coverage, there is a tax penalty. Learn more about the tax penalty here: https://www.coveredca.com/faqs/Tax-Penalty/
- Outside of Open Enrollment, you may be eligible for Special Open Enrollment for life events such as marriage, losing coverage (ie lost a job), a new baby, and other reasons. Learn more here: http://www.coveredca.com/coverage-basics/special-enrollment/
- All Californians can qualify for insurance. People with pre-existing conditions will be accepted, at no additional charge.
- Many people will qualify for subsidies for a reduced monthly premium via a tax credit. An individual making up to $44,680 and a family of four earning up to $92,200 may be eligible for a tax credit. A cost calculator is available here: http://www.coveredca.com/calculating_the_cost.html
- You may enroll during the open enrollment period on the website, www.CoveredCA.com, or contact a Covered California certified insurance agent to help you pick the plan. Call our Pinnacle’s office at (909) 427-1303 for local agent information.
- Four plans types of plans will be available. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. They will offer co-pays at different rates, depending on the monthly cost. Several insurance companies will be offering these plans.
- People can enroll for Medi-Cal now, or through the Marketplace. Individuals making up to $15,415 a year or families making up to $31,810 a year pay qualify for Medi-Cal insurance at no cost to them. To apply for Medi-Cal and other state programs now, go to www.c4yourself.com. Pinnacle takes Medi-Cal patients with Medicare, IEHP or Molina. Learn more here.